RAM Motors & Controls began in 1946 in Reading, Pennsylvania as Reliable Electric. Reliable Electric sold and serviced motors, variable speed drives, and electro-mechanical controls to industry in general, and to the textile industry in particular. In 1969, John Walton and his son David bought the company and introduced its basic operating philosophy: a strong commitment to customer service with 100% customer satisfaction as its objective.
The new customer service philosophy proved successful, and in 1983, Reliable Electric merged with Multilectric, Inc., adding its excellent apparatus repair shops in Lancaster and York and giving rise to a new company name, RAM (Reliable and Multilectric) Industries, Inc. In 2000, the distributor division of RAM Industries was bought by Jeffrey Musser and Bill Wissler, making RAM Motors & Controls a completely separate company. RAM Motors & Controls then acquired Wagner Sales Company, the pump specialty house, to strengthen customer capabilities and creating RAM Industrial Services.
Today, RAM’s corporate headquarters is located in Leesport, Pennsylvania. Other Pennsylvania branches include Camp Hill, Pittsburgh, Carrolltown and Winfield along with branches in Baltimore, Maryland and, our newest, in Martinsville, Virginia.
Through all this growth and expansion, our objective has always remained the same – to provide excellent customer service and add to and improve upon our products. By focusing our efforts on customer service, motors, controls, and their associated apparatus, we continue to grow and look ahead to a successful future.